Monday, February 20, 2012

Why do people say a vegetarian diet is more expensive?

I'd have to disagree. I can make a meal for less than 5 dollars and it could last me for a couple days!Why do people say a vegetarian diet is more expensive?
People say a lot of things that are untrue. You need to trust your own intellect.
You so right, yeah, but here the thing, most people have blank look when you tell them cook lentils, or lima or any type bean, yeah? Cause it take time, and some talent, so they want easy in can or something look like meat, ok? So if you eat prepared vegan foods, like Worthington, or Morningstar Farms things, it very expensive, but you, I know veggie eating cheap, if done rite way. Bean and rice combo give very high quality protein, only small amount carbs, also brown rice give many vitamins which vegan may not get. So, I agree, veggie cooking not have to be expensive, just take time to do right, yeah?

ps, use walnuts, special K cereal, and tofu to make excellent casserole, substitute pecans or in my area, macademia nuts-finest kind, eat as entree first day, use for sandwich as leftover, very tasty, or fry with white rice, that not for mainlanders, but good for Hawaiians(lol).Why do people say a vegetarian diet is more expensive?
I agree that a vegetarian diet can be less expensive, but it depends on how you eat. I eat a ton of fresh produce since becoming vegan and this isn't always cheap. But I also save money over omnivores when you compare the price of tofu or beans to a piece of meat. I also try to limit luxuries like non-dairy ice cream and faux meat products because they are expensive and usually not very healthy.
Hello



I honestly think a lot of it is down to laziness, wanting something thats ready made. I agree that fruits and vegetables can be expensive, but compared the amount of money over a year people spend on junk food, alcohol, drugs, designer clothes/jewellrey, magazines etc, its not expensive at all to be vegetarian or vegan.



Lots of Love

Misscpb xxxWhy do people say a vegetarian diet is more expensive?
Because they are relying on the fake meat products which can be pricey. If you leave those off the grocery list and stick to the simple things, it's a lot cheaper than an omnivore diet. I buy some fresh veggies but no more than any other person would. I usually stick to store brand frozen veggies.
because the people who say that statement are meat eaters and are trying to defend themselves from being criticised by vegetarians.



I am a vegetarian and my friend iz a meat eater. we found out that it costs me less to eat than it costs him.
The people who say that a vegetarian diet is expensive are usually the people who buy expensive fake meat, vegan dairy substitutes and have to buy everything organic from stores like whole food.
If you buy tons of meat/dairy/egg replaces, it can be expensive.
because vegetarians can't go to mcdonalds and order "food" off the dollar menu.
veggies and fruits are expensive, unless you have your own garden that why,
It's not.
becauser veggies and fruits are healthier for u

No comments:

Post a Comment