Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I start a low carb vegetarian diet.?

I already eat little to no bread and pasta. The only grains I eat are whole grains. It seems like there are carbs in everything though. I dont eat meat.How do I start a low carb vegetarian diet.?
You could try Rose Elliot's "The Low Carb Vegetarian Diet"



http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Low-car鈥?/a>



It's full of recipes and helpful information. I've been vegetarian for 17 years and just thought I'd give low carb a try after all my holiday indulgences. I've had the book for a couple of months, but just jumped into the official diet plan 5 days ago. Elliot outlines a 14 day 'carb cleanse' which allows 20 grams or less of carbohydrates per day. I'm actually considering aborting the plan. Apparently these are common side effects of low carb diets, but I have had headaches, dizziness (to the point of not going to work out), and my hands were shaking this morning before breakfast. I don't think cutting to this low level of carbs is really healthy (for me anyway.) Sure, I've shed a few pounds really fast, but it's probably water. I'd rather get back to working out and feeling normal!!! I will continue to use some of the recipes (which are very tasty) and include more high protein foods, but I think it's time to up the carb level from 20. Good luck!!!
Low carb, vegetarian.. It's rough, but possible.



Different types of nuts are great. High protein, and healthy fats. Low carbs.



Protein shakes and bars would be an ideal food for this choice of diet, but you have to make sure you get the right ones..



Off the top of my head, anything by Dr. Atkins is good. Some Atkin's products include bars, shake mixes, drinks in cans, bake mixes, and a bunch of other stuff. I think Vitamin shoppe has the best selection of his items.



Also, Metr-X would be good for your diet, and a bunch of other shakes mixes, and baked goods.



Go into a Vitamin Shoppe, or GNC, and just tell them you want low carb products. As they do not sell meat in either establishment, anything they tell ya about would be good.



Also, remember, it s hard to avoid all carbs on your diet, so just make sure that the ones you do take in are complex carbs.



And if your a vegetarian who eats fish, that s good too,,



Another good thing if you like it is avocadoHow do I start a low carb vegetarian diet.?
"Carbs are our friends"



Just remember to cut out anything that emulsifies in water, ie. breads, pastas, and anything that has been processed into a pulverized form, beans, wheat (flour), corn (flour), hummus, etc.



Good luck, and remember that you can hurt yourself by starving your body and brain cells of sugars that come from carbohydrates.
Protein Protein Protein is key not the carbs : http://i-dietandfitness.com/2009/01/19/t鈥?/a>



And in terms of carbs fruits have a lot. They are rich in fiber and will energize you most definitely!



Fiber yogurt is great for that too!How do I start a low carb vegetarian diet.?
Lots and lots of fruit and vegetables. Why are you trying to do a low-carb diet? Trying to lose weight? Have you tried exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment