Thursday, February 23, 2012

Trying t o figure out a good vegetarian diet with the acception of fish?

is there a website, book, or other source to help me figure out how to get everything i need? I am gonna cut meats out of my diet. I will be eating salmon still in order to get my b12 naturally but i dont want to eat meat otherwise. soo if someone could lead me to that or advise me themselves that would be great.Trying t o figure out a good vegetarian diet with the acception of fish?
What you're referring to is a Pescatarian. There are plenty of websites, and cook books with pescatarian recipes.



As long as you're taking a multi vitamin, eating vetetables, fruits, and whole grains, you should have no problem cutting out all meat and only eating seafood!



There are also plenty of vegan products you can substitute if you're having a true meat craving. I posted 2 websites below that should help you dear!
You mean a pescatarian?Trying t o figure out a good vegetarian diet with the acception of fish?
There are other ways to get B12 "naturally" -- here's a good run-down of the body's need for it and sources. Try some nutritional yeast or B-vitamin-fortified cereal for example and save a salmon's life.



http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/b12.htm
Congrats on taking a step further to vegetarianism! Really, it's a great start! Here are some websites:



(My website- go to the "Nutrition" page to read about how to get B12, Omega 3, and Protein in a vegetarian and vegan way)

http://www.vegsociety.webs.com



Also-

http://www.goveg.com (A great vegetarian website)Trying t o figure out a good vegetarian diet with the acception of fish?
Please don't take people's judge personally. They don't understand that most ppl body condition are different we have to slow down the meat cut back by eating light meat. We aint gotta change so fast to cut back meat in the way they want and tell us to . What if they told us to eat only veggies and fruits, milk everyday ....that is it? We gotta take a order from them? Who are they to judge us for? Probably we don't know them for for real, but they may have eaten seafoods or something else when they carve.



It is not something to be ashamed of how you eating or religious. Just the way to show your passion to animal. Be proud but please don't push it too far. Somebody once told me "No vegan should or can ever be strict on diet" Wow...was not they right? Eat seafood if that is how you can slow down the process of meat cut back , take your time. I did the same...I still do as a veggie to make sure body knows what I am getting into . But be sure it is only organic or natural. I know a man that admitted to me he a vegan still eat seafood from time to time. Should I be shocked at the same sentence "Vegan and seafood?" nah no, he just rather eat it in fresh than B-vitamin ceral, etc. It has OMEGA-13 . it is just a man word that say no...it doesn't scare us.
Honestly, if you're going to be eating fish, you aren't going to be missing anything. Protein, iron, and zinc are the main nutrients that are harder to get in a vegetarian diet than in an omnivorous diet, but fish are a great source of all three of these nutrients.



You say you are continuing to eat fish for the B12. I just thought I'd let you know that dairy and eggs also contain vitamin B12. In fact, just last night I read that there are B12-producing micro-organisms present in the human mouth and intestines that produce sufficient amounts of the vitamin.* (I wish I could produce a scientific article to back this up, but I haven't had the time to research it yet.)



To make sure you get all your nutrients, eat a wide variety of different foods. Vegetarians can obtain protein by eating a balance of incomplete proteins each day (legumes with grains or legumes with nuts and seeds) or by eating approximately 50g of complete protein from the following sources: amaranth, buckwheat, hemp seed, soy, quinoa, certain blue-green algaes (such as spirulina) as well as eggs and dairy products for those that allow them.



The other nutrients that may be missing in a vegetarian diet are iron and zinc. Iron can be a little tricky, since it's harder to absorb from non-animal sources and some vegetarian stables can actually block your body from accepting it. You'll have to eat a little more than an omnivore, but I promise it's not that hard.



I don't pay any attention at all to where my iron comes from, I don't eat anything fortified with iron, and yet every time I give blood the phlebotomist complements me on having one of the best iron levels s/he has seen all day. If you do have problems with it though, try upping the ante with whole grains and dark leafy greens, and remember that eating vitamin C with iron makes it easier for your body to absorb the mineral.



Zinc is the other mineral that you may have to pay particular attention to. Again, I don't bother scouring my pantry for sources of zinc, but I get enough anyway. Zinc can generally be found in your protein foods--nuts, seeds, beans, whole grains, etc. If you ever think you won't meet your daily requirement, grab a handful of pumpkin seeds or dip some pita chips in hummus. (For more info on these two minerals, check out the links below.)



When it comes to fruits and vegetables, try to eat the rainbow every day. The colour of a plant reflects its nutritional properties, so the more colours you eat (including neutral shades) the more nutrients you'll get.







PS: Kimmekins(: -- Grow up. Calling ksfsdlsf stupid was totally uncalled for. And yes, a pronounced vitamin B12 deficiency can cause permanent and sometimes even life-threatening damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment