Thursday, February 23, 2012

What are the benefits of switching to a vegetarian diet?

Does it help with weight loss?What are the benefits of switching to a vegetarian diet?
There are several benefits of switching to a veggie diet.

It CAN help you lose weight, because vegetarians tend to be more conscious about what they're eating. But dropping meat from your diet won't magically make your body lose weight. Most vegetarians actually GAIN weight in the beginning because they eat too many carbs. I gained about 10 pounds in the beginning because I ate mostly bread, pasta, rice, ect. (ie. when my mom made steak, potatoes and corn for dinner I would just eat the potatoes and corn). You have to find other foods to replace your meats with. As long as you eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts/seeds, beans, ect. you should be fine.

A few other things I've noticed include my skin and hair. My skin honestly cleared up SO much after going vegan (not eating dairy, I didn't really see a difference when I only eliminated meat). I also noticed my hair grows extremely fast. I usually have to get it cut once a month to keep it decent.

Other than that, vegetarianism opens you up to a whole new world of foods.There are dozens of foods that I never would have considered trying if I hadn't went vegetarian. I NEVER thought I would love broccoli, baby spinach or Boca burgers. It's something I highly recommend trying :D
No it won't help with weight loss because a vegetarian diet is not a weight loss program. If that is your only objective you can easily achieve that on a "regular" diet PLUS exercise.



There are no benefits of a well balanced diet that cannot be provided by a well balanced "regular" diet. It's ll hype courtesy of vegetarian food companies who stand to make a financial windfall if more people switch to a vegetarian diet and buy their products.What are the benefits of switching to a vegetarian diet?
Healthier body, impossible for you to get high cholesterol(besides w/ dairy and eggs), antioxidants, you'll age better, you'll lose weight, your body will detoxify and clean itself up. However, for weight loss you should go Vegan because dairy products hugely impact weight gain, so do soft drinks and Diet Sodas (the aspartame in the diet soda cannot be processed by the human body so it stores it and is highly toxic to the nervous system)
1. you get to know ur not eating an animal

2. good for ur colon

3. it can be verry good for health and weight loss because like i eat this vegan sausage stuff thats really good like you form it yourself like that jimmy dean stuff and it has low calories and everything like that so its good for loosing wieght BUT i gained weight because i started to eat junk food and way too much of it and just make sure you dont do that and ull be loosing wieght ... vegeterians rock!:)What are the benefits of switching to a vegetarian diet?
If you replace the lost meat with vegetables it will be healthier :)
No benefits! Life without meat is a life without.. LOVE!
No benefit
  • cheesecake factory coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment