Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can a vegetarian diet help you lose weight?

If not, what if I also stop eating bread for a while?Can a vegetarian diet help you lose weight?
Tell you what, if you stop eating bread and sugar and carbonated drinks (even diet ones) I bet you lose a lb a week. I like meat, it gives you good protein, if you eat the right meats, it is great. But mostly eat fresh food, and fresh fruits and veggies.

Make sure you eat at least 70+ grams of protein a day though. Ok?Can a vegetarian diet help you lose weight?
A vegetarian diet does help with weight loss but you shouldn't just live off pasta. Stick to the veggies,fruits, and greens and exercising too will help also.When I became a vegetarian I lost weight fast but then I started eating a lot of pasta and I gained it all back and more so learn from my mistake. It's very good for you not eating all that meat but make sure you still get your protein.Can a vegetarian diet help you lose weight?
Yes, it most likely will.

Horselover had a very good point. I stopped eating meat(not fish) about 12 yrs ago and it's taken me years to figure out how to give my body enough protein. Pasta and breads are great big temptations for me, but I try to eat them moderately. Lots of veggies, fruit, and nuts.

I am leaner than most women my age, around where I live anyway. But I exercise also.
Eating A Healthful Vegetarian Diet



Many people start vegetarian and vegan diets without

devoting an adequate amount of time to nutritional

research and meal planning. As a result, a considerable

amount of people who start vegetarian diets do not last

for more than 1-2 months.



Many dieters who fail to carefully research and plan

complain that they lack energy - and often experience

a significant loss in muscle mass. Others observe a

number of other more peripheral problems that come with a

poorly-planned vegetarian diet.



The first group--the group that most failed dieters fall

into--is actually experiencing a form of protein-energy

malnutrition (PEM). PEM emerges when a person fails to

consume enough protein, leading to muscle loss - and

subsequently feelings of weakness that are often

accompanied by head and muscle aches.



This problem can be circumvented by dietary alterations.

A vegetarian who is experiencing PEM should either a) find

out what foods contain what amino chains, so they can

combine them to form proteins; or b) start consuming

larger amounts and more diversified sources of protein,

such as nuts, soy milk, and yogurt.



The first group is often iron-deficient as well. Because

vegetarians can only consume nonheme iron, which

is more sensitive to iron inhibitors, they often do

not consume enough to maintain healthy blood-iron

levels. This can cause pervasive weakness and

even anemia.

No comments:

Post a Comment