Thursday, February 23, 2012

What exactly are the benefits of eating an organic vegetarian diet?

Any one know from personal experience? My husband and I have a high intake of less fat meats and other proteins, but is it healthy?What exactly are the benefits of eating an organic vegetarian diet?
I am a vegan and I have watched my bad cholesterol get cut in half, my good cholesterol go up. I never struggle with weight anymore. I have lowered my blood pressure and instances of migraines! As a vegan my chances of an early death due to heart disease, diabetes and cancer are cut in half! In fact the average vegetarian has been shown to live as much an average of 7 years longer than the average meat eater! My energy has gone through the roof, I hardly ever get sick because my immune system is boosted from all the vegetables, and I almost never get indigestion or heartburn. I just plain live a happier and more comfortable life. Plus I know that I am having less of a negative impact on the environment with my eating choices. A nice bonus ;-)
youll be healthyWhat exactly are the benefits of eating an organic vegetarian diet?
Well, you get a lot of nutrition from organic products. The one thing to keep checked is your iron. Often people who do not eat a lot of meat get an iron deficiency.

so make up for the protein/iron with other foods.
A high intake of less fats, meats and proteins?

You mean you've cut down on fats and meats.

They recently did research and found that you get more complete of the 9 essentail amino acids by eating the right combinations of beans and grains and dark leafy greens. I have been on this diet now for over two years. My cholesterol has come down to under 120 (and that only took less than three months).

I am a peske-ovo-vegetarian. I eat fish and eggs but no meat, no diary (I drink and eat soy products) and absolutely NO hydrogenated oil. I am cut, muscular, have a high energy level and my hair that I've lost when I was a teen is growing back.

With an oganic diet, which is different from vegetarian, you don't get any chemicals that may be doing you some harm.

Go to www.garynull.com and read up. If you are completely interested on the benefits of a vegetarian AND organic diet, but a little book that Gary put out a few years ago called, "Seven Steps to Ultimate Health" All the myths and misconceptions will be dispelled and the information is supported by universities, doctors (he's one too) and the food and drug administration. I would have you to know that they recently found out that NO level of hydrogenated oil is good for you in any way and it's in almost all our processed foods and fast foods.What exactly are the benefits of eating an organic vegetarian diet?
no chemicals, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics in your food. You'll be leaner, healthier, have more energy. It's just a great way to live. Plus, you aren't killing animals in order to survive. With all the hormones and junk they put in the animals anyway, you never know what those will do to your body later on in life. Do you ever look at young kids (especially girls) and can't believe how young they are but how old they look nowadays??? Perhaps it's because of the high levels of hormones being put into their bodies by the meat they take in. Bad bad. My daughter is a vegetarian and she's the only girl in her class (she's 9) that's not already wearing a bra. You could say it's just how she is, but I don't think so. Good luck to you and your hubby.
Another way to look at it is that there may not be a whole lot of benefits, but there will be a heck of a lot fewer detriments.
  • electric car
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment