Sunday, January 29, 2012

Where can I find a vegetarian diet plan for athletes?

I am a competitive figure skater and I skate 3-4 hours a day five days a week. I also do an hour and a half of off ice strength and cardio exercises, three times per week. In addition I do 3 hours of modern and ballet classes per week.



I am in fairly good shape right now but would really love to lose a few pounds so that I look better on the ice and you can really see my muscles.



Since becoming a vegetarian I feel like I have been having trouble eating as healthy as I did before. I am eating more ice cream and sweets. I also use to eat fish but haven't been eatting it for one month. I would be willing to eat fish again if it will allow me to lose body fat. Also, my doctor said it would be good for me to eat fish because my blood is showing signs of having some sort of problem. I would really love to find a diet plan that I can stick to and lose weight. If anyone has any books, websites or personal suggestions that would be fantastic. Thanks for any help!Where can I find a vegetarian diet plan for athletes?
meal plan: http://www.vegsoc.org/cordonvert/recipes鈥?/a>

--------------------------------------鈥?br>
drink "for goodness shakes" - they have loads of minerals, vitamins and more to keep you strong and they are really yummy milkshakes, and low on fat - visit their website -http://www.forgoodnessshakes.com/



ice cream???--- skinny cow ice cream , completly vegetarian (low on calories,fat,saturates)



drink innocent smoothies



plenty of fruit and vegetables, they help keep you strong



try the this site - http://www.vegsoc.org/cordonvert/recipes鈥?/a> , they recipes for being much healthier, just look on their recipe page





quorn an alternative to meat, this can help you if your needing protein visit their page - http://www.quorn.co.uk/CMSPage.aspx
cut the ice cream and the sweets, especially the ones with refined sugar.



eat fruits and veggies. dark green vegetables balance your blood.Where can I find a vegetarian diet plan for athletes?
Google vegan athlete for ideas. There are healthy vegan athletes. Eat less junk food--try to find out what triggers your junk food cravings and work with those.
"Becoming Vegan" by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina have chapters that address both weight loss AND vegan athletes and their nutritional needs. I haven't read their other book "Becoming Vegetarian" but I'd guess that it has similar coverage for those on a vegetarian diet. Both vegetarian and vegan diets can support balanced, complete nutrition and the needs of athletes.Where can I find a vegetarian diet plan for athletes?
Visit your local Seventh-day Adventist Church and they will help you with a Vegetarian diet plan. The Adventists are the worldwide christian leaders and health advocates in the area of Vegetarianism. Since the 1800's.
They have that stuff in the back of Gay Trucker magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment